Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lester, West Virginia, 1980



Here I am as a young preacher with my wife, Coletta and our two young sons, Matt and Aaron with a small group of junior campers from the Lester Baptist Church getting ready to leave for the Bill Rice Ranch at Murfreesboro, TN. These were blessed days. You can see the van we borrowed from a church member for the trip. No air conditioning. While driving, I honestly thought the heat from the firewall and engine were going to burn my legs off during the 10 hour trip. But, it was worth it all! Some of these juniors were saved that camp week, and others surrendered their lives to the Lord in needed areas.

I thank God for how He has blessed and protected our family in each of the four church ministries where we have enjoyed serving. Also, with me at the helm, I thank God that He also "protected' each congregation!

Please scroll down to see three other new blogs I just wrote today.

Thanks.

Jim C. Burns, Sr. Pastor, Liberty Baptist Church, Van Wert, Ohio