Monday, March 2, 2009

GOING BACK TO LESTER FOR REVIVAL!


Gal 6:9) And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. (Galatians 6:9)
Well, I guess I'm kinda in the "car mode" for my recent blog posts. I couldn't find any old pictures of the first new car Coletta and I ever bought together, so, I found this one on the Internet. It's a 1977 Mercury Monarch. Only the one we bought was metallic royal blue with a white vinyl top. We bought it at a Ford dealer in Hinton, WV, and drove it home to Glen Daniel. About a year later, the Lord led us to resign the Coal Marsh Missionary Baptist Church to move over the "holler" to accept the call to minister at the Lester Baptist Church in Lester, WV. (Don't worry. The photo above was not our parsonage)! We were honored to serve the good folks at Lester from 1978 to May of 1981. Those were wonderful days. Matt was about one year old when we moved, and our second son, Aaron, was born while we were at Lester on Aug. 24, 1979. We were able to see the church grow, see many souls saved, and see two children's departments and a teen department start in the church, plus, we were at Lester when the church broke ground and built a new building on a hill at the West end of town right at the edge of Highway 54.

A few weeks ago, Lester's new Pastor Wes Rigdon called me to ask if Coletta and I would return for a four day revival which will take place during the church's anniversary. I have accepted Pastor Rigdon's invitation to come speak, and Coletta and I are so honored after these 30 plus years to go back to the second church where I have pastored to be a part of this special event. Please pray that the Lord will use us to help this dear pastor and his family and this fine church reach more people for Christ in their mission field.

"Thank you Lord for letting Coletta and I serve you together all these years, and for the privilege of being invited to go back to a church where we served 30 years ago for a revival meeting."