Friday, December 18, 2009

SHE IS WATCHING FOR ME!


The picture above was taken by Miley's Mom with her cell phone. Although it is probably quite meaningless to the average on looker, to Papa Burns, this image is PRICELESS!

This Tuesday evening, I was invited to my son Matt's house to have a nice quiet, quaint little Christmas with he, his wife, Jenny, and our only grandchild, Miley. Nanny Burns is in China, so I was feeling a little "solitary" last week and thus far this week, and looked forward to my evening with my granddaughter (and her parents). As I was about one mile away from their town here in Ohio, I received this text from my daughter in law which reads, "She is watching out the window for you!" Tears of joy swelled up in my eyes as I approached their house. "My granddaughter loves me and wants to see me tonight! Praise God" I thought.

I called Miley and let her know I was pulling up. She jumped off the couch and ran to the picture window in their dinning room looking with glee, and believe me when I say, "The smile on Miley's face and the twinkle in her beautiful blue eyes was one of the best Christmas gifts any "Grandpa" could ever get from a two year old! A big thanks to Miley and the rest of my family for making me feel so loved. It was an evening I will never forget! Soon, I'm off to the other side of the world to see the "rest of my family," my youngest son, Aaron and my wife, Coletta. Please pray for a safe flight to China, and our return home. Merry Christmas everyone!

That's something to think about! Email: jimmycburns@aol.com