Tuesday, May 5, 2009

OVER 30 YEARS LATER!


From Left to Right: Coletta Burns, Hilda Lubich, Ronna Garcia, and Ron Lubich in Beckley, WV.

My invitation to go back last week to the second church I pastored (Lester Baptist Church) in West Virginia proved to a very emotional and also inspiring trip for both Coletta and me. Pictured above is one of the families that attended the first church I pastored back in 1976 (Coal Marsh Missionary Baptist Church). Ron was the very first "new convert" I was privileged to baptize. His wife, Hilda had attended the church for years, and Ronna and her younger sister, Jennifer Hamilton (not pictured here), were in the children's departments while we were there. The whole family helped baby sit, Matt, our oldest son during his first year of life. This wonderful family is still in a Gospel preaching church being faithful serving the Lord. My next few posts will feature other "young people" who were just kids back in the seventies who are (28 to 30 years later), still in church! Most of those pictured above are dear friends that Coletta and I had not seen in three decades.

What a blessing to finally fellowship with them again!

If you are presently working with kids in the church, "Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." (Gal. 6:9)



This is something to think about!